Myanmar Exotic Travel & Tour Co.,Ltd presents itself as a force to reckon with in the field of business and leisure destination travel management in Myanmar. Conceived in 2005 in Myanmar with a commitment to provide a total tours and travel management package in terms of comprehensive and professionally effective ser...
- Category: Mrauk U
Mrauk U was once, one of the most powerful kingdom in history. The Rakhine King "Min Saw Mon" founded Mrauk U in 1433. Mrauk U was a leading trade city during its time, and abundant networks of canals allowed small and large vessels to go by. It traded with Middle East, Asia, Holland, Protugal and Spain. The Mrauk U dynasty lasted for about 352 years.
Mrauk U was also known as "Myohaung" meaning the ancient city. In this ancient city, today, there are about 70 known and named ruined pagodas, whereas there are many more remaining unknown.
Myohaung or the Ancient City Mrauk U under the heavy fog in the morning.
Young novices going out for alms with a cart.
Royal Palace - The ruins of the Royal Palace which was built in 1430 can still be seen. The palace had massive wooden columns which are burnt down.
Shittaung Pagoda - Meaning 80,000 pagoda in Myanmar. Built in 1535 by King Minbin. It has a maze like floor plan inside.
Shittaung Pagoda under the fog of Mrauk U
Koetaung Pagoda - Meaning 90,000 pagoda in Myanmar.
The long range of Koethaung Pagoda
A closer view of the Koethaung pagodas around the main one
Andaw Pagoda - About 10 meters from Shittaung Pagoda. Built by King Minhlaraza, during 1521.
Yadanabon Pagoda - The largest pagoda in this region. It was donated by King Min Khamong and Queen Shin Htwe during A.D 1612.
Yadanabon Pagoda surrounded with small pagodas.
Another view of the Yadanabon Pagoda
Dukkanthein - Constructed by King Minphalaung in 1571. About 100 meters north-west of Shittaung.
Another view of Dukkanthein
Pitaka Taik - About 300 meters north of Dukkanthein. Built by King Minphalaung in 1591 as a repository for the Tripitaka or Buddhist Canon.
Sakkyamanaung Pagoda - It is situated about a km north east of the old palace walls. Built by King Thirithudhamma Raza during 1629.
On the upper level of the pagoda are small Buddh Images embedded inside small caves.