Myanmar is a country full of ancient traditions and culture. From time to time, the Myanmars have adapted different cultures and arts. To describe about the Arts of Myanmar, there are 10 Myanmar traditional arts which are metaphorically called "Ten Flowers".
Theses arts have been passed on from one century to another until today. The 10 arts are as follows:
- Panbe (the art of blacksmith)
- Panbu (the art of sculpture)
- Pantain (the art of gold and silver smith)
- Pantin(the art of bronze casting)
- Pantaut (the art of making floral designs using masonry)
- Panyan (the art of bricklaying and masonry)
- Pantamault (the art of sculpting with stone)
- Panpoot (the art of turning designs on the lathe)
- Panchi (the art of painting)
- Panyun (the art of making lacquer ware)
We have 55 guests and no members online
Panbe is the tempering of iron in the furnace to make necessary items. The artisans make ox cart axle, ox cart iron, tyre, scissors, hammer, adze, pickaxe, knife, hatchet, axe, digging hoe and mattock.
Panbu (the art of sculpture)
Panbu means the one which produces figures and floral designs made of wood or ivory. The artisans make the figure of human beings and animals and floral designs.